A mixed media piece

A mixed media piece

Tuesday 1 August 2017

Summer Challenge Over At SASPC


I have done a tag in a Gothic style for this months challenge I hope you
like it. I am really sorry I am not at home and am actually on the amazing island of 
Gozzo where my very beautiful niece has just got married if you have any
 questions about this post please comment and i will answer on my return.
  • Coat a size 10 Tando tag with Gesso 
  • Apply decoupage glue to random area's 
  • Follow with one step crackle over the decoupage
  • Once dry follow with a coat of everlasting 
  • Modelling paste applied to the edges of the tag
  • Make the cross with paper clay in a mould
  • Once set use a coat of raw umber
  • Follow with Finnabairs antiquing wax 

  • A Rustry washer was applied with a Tando bolt
  • A wash of quinacridone gold was applied to give a rust run.

  • I used Chocolate Baroque stamps.
  • Clay washers and bolts treated in the same way as the washer at the top
  • Stamp and bond embossing enamels were used randomly over the tag.
  • I applied a highly pigmented bronze powder over these area's.

I hope you like this tag and if i have missed anything please feel free to leave me a 
comment and I will be more than happy to reply on my return.
Cheers Dee X
PS All products paint etc are Deco Art's





2 comments:

Maura said...

Very cool tag, Dee! I really like how you made the background kind of white washed, and the designs really stand out in it. How wonderful for you to be in Gozo at a wedding - enjoy every moment! hugs, Maura

craftytrog said...

Gorgeous tag Dee!
Hope you enjoyed the wedding!
Alison x