A mixed media piece

A mixed media piece

Thursday 1 December 2016

Christmas Butterfly over at SASPC


Happy Christmas everyone! I have my Christmas post for SASPC 
for you today.


I have used #boozy bear Chipboard pieces which I have decorated 
with a mix if #Deco Art media line and their Americano
 chalk based paints along with #Stampendous 
glitters for a Christmas feel.


I used Archival ink to stamp the clocks I then coloured them with Zig 
water colour pens to colour in the two clocks I washed with 
water till I was happy with the effect.


Once happy with the colouring of the clocks I then coated both 
with crackle glaze. Finally when the clocks were dry
i gave them a coat of black antiquing cream which
I knocked back this highlights the cracks.


To give the Harlequin chipboard pieces from boozy bear I painted
them with a coat of Payne's grey first followed by a coat of
Glue I then used the iridescent crystal glitter along with 
a pale blue glitter. 


The final stage was to coat the chipboard in Deco art media gloss
 varnish. The center piece of the chip board clock was treated 
in the same way. The outer chipboard was given a coat
of paynes grey followed by quinacridone gold.


I used watch parts to assemble a butterfly shape to which I attached 
the wings which I stamped in versfine black ink and clear
embossed prior to colouring in with Zig pens.


For the base I used a Tando creative tag which I painted with Deco 
art Raw umber media fluid acrylic this was given a coat of
weather wood followed by a coat of white everlasting 
americno chalk paint.


Washes of Raw Umber, Prussian Blue hue, Quinacridone Gold
Once I was happy with the effects I coated it all with media
gloss varnish.


I am proud to be a member of Sandee & amelie's design team.

Happy Christmas everyone!
Cheers Dee. X

8 comments:

Nikki K said...

This is gorgeous Dee. xxx

Unknown said...

Ahhh - that crackle is so yummy Dee. What a really lovely tag. Truly love the butterfly with the watch parts - so unique and fun. Xj.

Claudia N. said...

As always a stunning and breathtakingly beautiful make, Dee! Love it to bits!

Hugs,
Claudia xxx

Maura said...

What a fantastic mix of elements on your tag, Dee! Love the richness of the all the clock pieces and colors! hugs, Maura

Redanne said...

Wow Dee, this is a stunning piece of work! Love the crackle, the design and the wonderful colours - beautiful! Anne x

AlexaCzar said...

this is really really nice.
greets

alexa

Gitte said...

Awesome.

dk-scrap said...


Totally, absolutely, extremally amazing and great. Best steampunk paper objects ever.