A mixed media piece

A mixed media piece

Thursday 28 May 2015

Paper Artsy challenge Bottles


Hi everyone hope you are all OK and  doing a lot of crafty things
I haven't had time to make a new bottle for this challenge
but still had this one that I made a while ago.


I wanted to take part in the Paper Artsy challenge as I want to do more
of these bottles just need lots of hours. 


I created this bottle from an old Sambuca bottle that my son
had  picked up on holiday.


I covered the bottle in gesso then applied alcohol inks 
in terracotta and denim.


I used film clay and stamped into this then moulded it round 
the bottle. Which I then baked in an oven
on a very low setting.


I then finished of with treasure gold.
I hope you like it for those of you who have not seen this before.
Please feel free to let me know what you think.

7 comments:

Words and Pictures said...

So cool, Dee - the textures and gilded effects are brilliant - it's so tactile - I love it!
Alison xx

Hazel Agnew said...

Wow, I love this! The alcohol inks look amazing and the clay with its impressions is so professional looking! I would love to own a treasure like this and it has inspired me to have a go at something similar...thanks! X

Lauren Hatwell said...

Great idea to add the clay Dee. The effect is wonderful. Lx

Scrumplescrunch said...

Hello Dee,
The bottle is fantastic, love the clay element.
Smiles:)
Sue

Art By Wanda said...

Fabulous!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

craftytrog said...

Great to see this beautiful, arty bottle again Dee! Very inspiring! xxx

Lucy Edmondson said...

This is absolutely glorious and very clever,

Lucy x