A mixed media piece

A mixed media piece

Tuesday 17 March 2015

Anything Tim


Hi Everyone! I would like to say a warm welcome to all my new followers
 and to say that I am very flattered to all of you who follow 
me old and new. I still find it all very humbling. 


I am still convalescing and not getting much sleep so doing a lot of 
blog hopping. I came across the challenge at A Vintage Journey  
and thought I would enter this piece.


I made my own little canvases by wrapping canvas paper round cardboard
and priming with gesso, then swiping with texture paste.


Once dry I sprayed with distress ink in frayed burlap and Iced spruce.
Next I stamped the boy from Tim's Stamp in black archival ink .


Where the texture paste hadn't dried fully you get a slight imprint,
I quite like this effect.


On the slightly bigger canvas I prepped it the same as the first
but put the texture paste through Tim's layering stencil.
Once dry I painted it with pumice stone distress paint
& brushed vintage photo and black soot across
the surface as  well.


The ruler was made using a wooden garden seed stick which I 
stamped with the Tim's Ruler stamp in versa fine black ink
and clear embossed it. I then  coloured it
vintage photo with distress ink.


A fuse wire, metal clip, die cut cogs, small clock, larger clock, crackle accents &
 a stamped ruler from my stash complete the top canvas 


Close ups


More 


Finally a old bit of twisted wire from my stash complete
the picture.


7 comments:

Anneke said...

This looks gorgeous. Thanks for showing the step by step.
Anneke.

massofhair said...

Amazing project Dee, so many wonderful layers, colours and delicious textures.

Have you thought of entering this into our challenge at Mixed Media World, wish you would!

Thank you for your lovely comment on my last post i will be updating it very soon i do appreciate you dropping by:-) xxx

Pamellia said...

This is spectacular Dee! I love all the wonderful textures and amazing earthy tones! Your clock embellishments are just wonderful and I love that clip and those rulers! An amazing piece that I have rightfully PINNED! hugs :)

Inkypinkycraft said...

what a wonderful project , love the textures and layers here x

Carol Rigby said...

Wow! This is great. What a good idea for making your own canvas.

Words and Pictures said...

Just love the canvas stamping, and the fabulous textures and layers here. Beautiful details as always - the textured cogs and the crackled clock faces are fabulous! Thanks so much for joining us on A Vintage Journey.
Alison xx

Jenny Marples said...

This is a dream to look at Dee. I love the way you've created your own canvases and given them textures and a depth of colours that evoke all things Tim for me. Thank you so much for joining in our birthday celebrations at AVJ! Jenny x