A mixed media piece

A mixed media piece

Monday 13 October 2014

Book Of Halloween Little Book 3



Hi everyone here is the third and final part to the

All supplies can be purchased through the artistic stamper 
please see the list over on the original blog


The front covers are gray board put through a machine with the Poison
Texture fade. I coloured this with Prussian Blue, english red oxide, burnt sienna , 
Carbon Black, Gold  and interference gold Deco Art Media Fluid Acrylics Range. 


I didn't put the put any antiquating cream on this as I loved the
effect that the iridescent gold  gave to the cover.
Have I said yet how I really LOVE!!!! this 
range it is just amazing.


I coloured three tags with distress ink in the following colours Old paper, 
Antique Linen, Scattered Straw, Gathered Twigs, Vintage Photo,
 Black Soot and Faded jeans. Once coloured I spritzed lightly
 with water to activate the ink.


I rolled out Fimo clay and stamped the skull from the Tim
Holtz apothecary set and the Happy Halloween.


This is a close up of the inside of the covers. and one and 
a bit of the inside pages.


Once I had baked the clay in the oven I used the the antiquating 
cream in patina green and a touch of white. I highlighted
the peaks with treasure gold.


Using the stamps from the Tim Holtz classic plate I used
the compass stamp and stamped randomly over the
page.


The stamps used on these two pages are off the halloween plate 
and the classic plate the bats are off the blueprint plate.The 
circles are covered in gilding flakes and surrounded 
by small beads.


This page has the compass from the indigo blue plate 
stamped into black Fimo clay then coloured with antiquing cream 
then highlighted with treasure gold.


Bats done the same way with Fimo clay diamante surrounded 
with small beads. Long strip of clay stamped with the
 lost coast bubbles stamp.


Indigo blue stamp die cut cogs and pale blue diamante
bead placed in the centre.


A close up of the same piece.

 
Another close up of the second page.


The Cob web was made by using my hot glue gun and free hand running the 
hot glue into a web. I then highlighted with treasure gold. Then Prussian
 blue Brusho sprinkled lightly then gently spritzed with water.


 The Tomb stone was from the blueprint stamps using
Fimo clay again. I also used Frantage embossing
powders in shabby white.


Another photo of the bat, spider and web 


Inside the back cover without the brusho but brushed with
treasure gold.


Filigree corner coloured with antiquing cream and knocked back
again treasure gold was applied.


The back cover I stamped the writing from the halloween plate
into black Fimo clay and backed in the oven once cooled
I used the antiquating cream in the verdi and then
highlighted with treasure gold.


This is the bat from the blue prints set stamped into the Fimo clay and 
highlighted with treasure gold. I used my bind it all machine to 
compile the book.


That's it folks I hope you enjoyed reading about it as much as
 I enjoyed making it. Thank you for stoping by and please
feel free to leave a comment or two.
Cheers Dee x


8 comments:

Astrid Maclean said...

Absolutely amazing Dee, I think this is my all time favourite project of yours!! All the fimo embellishments with the cream and treasure gold just look incredible! The covers looked brilliant, but it is the inside pages that really make it for me, wow!

Amanda said...

Absolutely Stunning!,
Love
Amanda x

Juliz Design Post said...

Wow what a totally awesome project, love it, great techniques and painting.
Julie x

Jenny Marples said...

My goodness Dee this is fantastic! I love the way you've built so much fabulous texture into this and the paints have given you such wonderful colouring too. Jenny x

Meihsia Liu said...

Love every beautiful detail on your creation. The colors and textures are gorgeous. Thank you so much for sharing with us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. :)

crafty creations said...

Absolutely stunning as are your other favourite makes Dee - have a wonderful Christmastime

Cocofolies said...

This is a fabulous creation, absolutely amazing!!!! I don't know you well Dee, so haven't left you many comments so far sorry (in addition I miss time too much to comment very often on all art work I discover with delight), but I adore your style!!! Merry Christmas! Coco x

Carol said...

WOW - LURVE this project xxx