A mixed media piece

A mixed media piece

Friday 26 September 2014

Altered Bottle


Hi everyone! 


I hope you are all well I am sorry for the delay in this post
as I have been busy with
my real job!!


For a while I have been toying with the idea to Alter a bottle. 
I decided I would have a go and here is the result.


This was a small bottle that we had so I covered it with gesso.


Once dry I used alcohol ink dabbed on with a felt applicator



I used ranger alcohol inks in denim and terra cotta.


I rolled out black clay and stamped into it.


I cut the clay and wrapped it round the bottle then baked 
it in the oven.


I used a heart cutter and placed that in the middle of the bottle.


I used treasure gold to highlight the clay.


I was really pleased with the results and hope you are to
Please let me know what you think,
 by leaving me a comment.
Cheers Dee x



5 comments:

Scrumplescrunch said...

Hello Dee,
Love your altered bottle, it looks amazing, adding the clay and enhancing with the gold gives the piece such class. Great project.

massofhair said...

WOW Dee, fantastic altered bottle, using black clay makes all the difference. May i ask what depth you rolled out the clay to allow it to drape so well?

Stunning colours and finish, hope you proud and will display so it can be seen and loved:-) xxx

craftytrog said...

It looks fabulous Dee! x

Words and Pictures said...

Really love this - what a fabulous effect with the clay, and the colours are just glorious.
Alison xx

Art By Wanda said...

LOVE this!!!!